Friday, November 16, 2007

Socks

It’s not quite winter but it certainly feels like it at the moment with temperatures getting as low as 1 degree outside already!

This said I decided to go to bed with my socks on last night, for a little extra warmth, as even though you get plenty of space in a double bed, without the human water-bottle that normally sleeps next to me it’s bloody freezing!

After wrapping the duvet around me as if being squeezed by a boa constrictor, and burying my nose into the pillow (no comments thanks!), I was set for a good warm sleep.

As always the girls were up and running around the bedroom pestering me for breakfast by 7:30am. The alarm is normally set for this time anyway, but I like to lay for a minute, to wake up, before leaping into the cold air and scrambling around for clothes. (I sometimes wonder if I even need an alarm when the girls are like clockwork).

I forced my eyelids apart and turned to two smiling faces eagerly awaiting me. Then I felt a kick in my back…Katie had somehow sneaked into my bed and was quite happily snoring away behind me. After miming “one…two…three” to myself while rocking back and forth I hauled myself out of bed – “Wholly crap its cold!” I croaked in my best morning voice.

Quickly finding my trousers and a warm jumper I then realized I wasn’t wearing any socks - I thought I left them on last night? They must have slipped off, and will be lying at the bottom of the bed, so I lifted the duvet (much to Kate’s disapproval), but nothing. Maybe I didn’t put them on? So I looked around the floor and under the bed, still nothing? Oh well - I needed a fresh pair anyway, so bent down to the draw, still mystified about the missing socks, when I caught sight of something stuffed under my pillows. I lifted the top pillow up and sure enough both socks were lying there, sprawled out as if they were supposed to be there!

I have no recollection of even touching my socks yesterday, which is why I could have believed they slipped off my feet during the night, and were sitting at the bottom of bed, but under my pillow? What’s that all about, and how on earth??

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online