Tuesday, October 03, 2006

How now Brown Cow!

Have just finished my, local made (at this point I should say by Stanley Dairy), Passion Fruit Yoghurt and if I wasn’t a lady I would have licked the tub clean…hang on I’m not a classy chick…slurp, slurp…umm yummy!

I don’t eat a lot of yoghurt, but have the occasionally gorge; especially now we have easy access to some fabulous flavours like the Passion Fruit. Yoghurt & Fruit have always been scarce in the Islands and are normally imported from the UK or Chile. As you can imagine we pay an arm and a leg for it, which is why I have three children so I can get more – Ok I’m kidding! But honestly you don’t see much change from £20 when buying a small selection of fruits and yoghurt.

Milk is the other bulk product imported, which is sad as there is a local dairy and has been for some years. Although we have just been gifted with two very talented dairy managers (Don’t go getting big headed now Kevin and Leone!). They have been here less than a year and are already making yoghurts, cream cheeses and promise many more wonderful improvements in the near future. Fantastic – I won’t have to pawn off my children’s limbs!

Excuse me for being blunt, but you can’t beat straight from the teat milk! (I’m still talking bovine guys!!) Fresh creamy milk is the way to go – One of my memories as a child was waking up for breakfast and having lukewarm fresh cows milk poured onto my Ricies, making them go soggy, but still delicious. And a cool glass of milk with choc chip cookies, just completes my afternoons at work – Who says milk and cookies are for kids? I eat them! OK…milk and cookies are for kids!

So now its time for bed and a quick hot chocolate…yet more milk! I’m going to look like a cow soon…no comments thank you!!




0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online