Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Broadband

Yesterday I collected my ADSL Package and Micro-filter plugs to enable me to use the all new broadband system in the Falkland Islands. I rushed home at 4:30 (Not speeding honest officer!) after collecting the girls from the childminders (who I should mention by name now as she has featured quite regularly in my blog, So MANDY FORD - you are now famous. You can thank me later over a beer – Your shout!)

I bundled the kids up stairs and darted into the room where the computer is located, unload the goods out of the plastic bag and onto the bed. Just as I start sifting through it Katie and Becky turn up asking for food and Sarah starts grizzling in the lounge…Sigh! Reluctantly I leave my new toy and go and sort them out (This will back fire on them one day, maybe Christmas when I say “Don’t open your presents yet girls we are going for a walk first!”)

As I walk into the lounge and kitchen I notice the housework is out of control and my house looks more like the local tip. So with a heavy heart and longing for the computer I decide to do the domestic housewife/mum chores and connect broadband when the kids are in bed…sob!

This worked out quite well in the end because I have never cleaned the house so fast in my life and before long it was 7pm and bed time for the girls. Hardly unable to contain my excitement I kissed them all goodnight and dashed back into the computer/bedroom and tore the package open…right what have we here?

After 5 minutes of opening little packets, working out where they might go and neatly laying the cables on the bed in front of the router I noticed how short the telephone cable was! Bugger…this means I’m going to have to move the computer across the room to the phone socket!

…4 hours later the computer is re-located and connected up with its new hardware, but the rest of the room is a bomb site…oh well I’ll do it in a minute! I install the disk and…a further hour and a half of buggering around and struggling to make it work I have done it!! Hello Broadband. My test was to check the mail while hitting the dial button on the telephone…brrrrr (sound of dial tone) YES it works!! I sit back and watch the emails roll in while having have a stretch and yawn, then I look across at the piles of junk and papers on the bed…opps forgot that again…oh well tomorrows job she says bundling it all onto the floor.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online