Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Happy Birthday and…Get well Soon?

Sorry folks we have been ill for the last three days so thought I would spare you the depressing daily posts and wait until I recovered.

Here’s a summary of the last couple of days:-

Monday - Becky had a great Birthday, even though she was full of the flu. I have never seen a kid so perplexed, although did get the impression she doesn’t understand birthdays yet, by the confused and delighted expressions on her face throughout the evening. She was already excited by the prospect of just visitors!

Nan & Granddad did their usual overgenerous donation of gifts and gave presents to the other two as well. Auntie also went a little mad with a Pram, babies and books. As for me… well I won’t beat around the bush, I’m a tight arse and bought one present for the birthday girl only (I could make Scrooge look charitable!) They were all very nice presents though and very kindly received – Should keep the girls happy for a long while.

Tuesday – All tucked up on the sofa, with pillows, a duvet and two boxes of tissues, watching “Chicken Run” on the television. After that I played “Ship Simulator” while the girls continued the cartoon-a-thon with “Maisy Mouse”. I feel guilty about not doing any house work…Ok I’m lying! But I managed a whole 3 hours sleep Sunday night and 2 1/2 last night so I’m knackered!

Wednesday – Still not feeling great and had yet another broken sleep! I could barely drag myself out of bed this morning, but finally summoned up the strength. Had another fairly slow day, which eventually kicked up a gear as I started to feel a bit better. That and the house needed urgent attention – JOY!

Back to work tomorrow (YIPEE!! – I’m not being sarcastic! I do enjoy work. Mainly because I’m free of the kids, no offence girls, and can chat to adults) even if I haven’t shook off this flu. I’ve tried medicine and rest so now it’s time to try and pass it onto someone else – I know I’m too kind!

Well I’m off to play more “Ship Simulator” – I know it’s sad, but quite good fun and I’m an ace ship handler now…only sank two container ships! Plus I’m getting more action than Dan; as his ‘real’ ship is in dry-dock so he can only dream about handling one at the moment. (That should get him commenting!)

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online