Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Census Delivery – Round 2

It’s a typical ‘heart leaping out of chest' morning as the alarm sounds at 6:30! I’m sure it’s not good for you to jump start mornings in this fashion – you may as well wire yourself up to the plug sockets! It has the same effect, apart from the uncontrollable hair style!

As I sit up every muscle in my body groans – I thought I might have overdosed on exercise last night!* I know it’s particularly bad when my joints creak as I crawl, like an old woman with a hip replacement, out of bed. OK…stop being such a baby and get dressed I think to myself - oow, ahh, eeh! On second thoughts…be a wimp and take it easy today!”

The girls are late at rising, which was to be expected I suppose. We get ready, head to the childminders, unload and I arrive at work on time again! This can’t be right! Maybe someone is deliberately winding the clock at work back for me? Thanks guys if you are!

It’s another typical day at work, apart from my sympathy plea paying off and scoring two cups of tea being made for me – Is it just me or do they always taste better when someone else makes them?

At 4:30 I collect the girls and head to Nanny and Granddad’s ** again (What would we do with out them – God bless Grand Parents!)

I head back down to Census base and collect the last of our areas forms and my lovely bright vest! I’m hoping not to get caught in a snow squall tonight, or be assumed a Police Officer, but after looking at the clouds looming over the South of town, while I put my vest on over my coat, I have a feeling it will happen! I should say the weather has eased up a little today, leaving 1-2 inches (from the 3 yesterday) of snow on the cars. And I know it’s not as cold tonight because my Mars Bar isn’t frozen like it was last night!

Delivery doesn’t take too long thankfully, only a little confusion as where to leave forms for half build houses and empty plots of land. I decided they should probably go back to base and be called incomplete…phew I was right! I manage to get home by 8:00pm, put the girls straight to bed and go and grab a cup of tea…or do I feel like a beer? So to save arguments with myself I made a cup of hot chocolate!

As I walk back through the house to the room I realize the chaos that is my lounge! Turn around and it has spread to the Kitchen too, surely the…nope the bathrooms and bedrooms have been hit by a bomb also. Great! I had better drink up and go do some domestic chores I suppose…

*Considering the only exercise I get in a day is walking up the staircase at work!

**We call my parents Nan & Granddad as it was too confusing having two mums in the same house.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online