Saturday, December 01, 2007

Week 8

A strange morning for me as I’m not my usual energetic self…it is Wednesday after all? My body feels like a piece of metal and the bed is now a huge magnet pulling me down. My eyelids are dragging two lumps of invisible lead, while trying to expose my, sore and hazy, eyeballs to the sunlit filled room. I can barely muster the energy to even reach across ½ a meter and stop the alarm that has been whining away for the last three minutes…what’s wrong with me?!

Eventually the hamster began winding that wheel in my brain and it all came flooding back…I’m not going to school today, even if I wanted to! After a heavy emotional sigh I dragged myself from the pull of the bed and went to check the little spew fountain this morning (If you have been reading in previous posts you will recall the fountain of yuck – my daughter caught a spewing bug and was projectile vomiting all over the house last night!), she was as pale as ever, so it’s confirmed, absolutely no school today, another heavy sigh and I shuffled my feet back to the room to get dressed.

The problem with having sick children or being sick yourself is not just the fact you have a house that smells like spew, you can’t do anything, and you can’t go to school, but you also can’t lay-in in the morning. As much as I would have loved to crawl back into my magnetic bunk, I had to get up and make the numerous phone calls to inform folk we would not be going anywhere today.

While the girls sat tucked up on the sofa watching television my thoughts were with my class, as I still haven’t done my presentation and they will all be finishing there’s today. We didn’t get to present them last week as we had too many debates about boys underachieving and winding up the 4 boys in our class, so ended running out of time.

Maybe I’ll get the teddies out for another practice before next week?

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online