Thursday, December 06, 2007

Mind of a Goldfish


Whenever I venture into the depths of Gosport, I find myself looking around for houses to let, and inadvertently houses for sale.

We are renting a two bedroom house and, as you can imagine, with three children it’s getting a bit tight. So we need to find a three bedroom (at least) house, to let at preferably the same rate, is near the schools we have now got the children settled into and not too far from the ferry and access to Cosham …a lot of factors to consider, which is why its proving a difficult task*

I, like many people am a daydreamer at times…well a lot of the time in my case! One of my regular daydreams involves house restoration, new builds, barn conversions, interior decoration; landscaping the list goes on. I sit at home pretending to be an architect with my £9.99 copy of 3D Virtual Home Designer, while dreaming about owning the finest home, full of the top gadgets and furnishings**, but alas it is just that…a dream. So I spend a little more time on my virtual tour around my virtual home, asking my virtual children sitting at the virtual table to finish their virtual supper, so I can put the virtual dishes in the virtual dishwasher.

I’ll stop digressing and move on…On my walks I pass one particular house for sale. It’s not a perfect house by far, but my mind still begins running through the check list of pros and cons:

Pro - Location is great for school,
Con - Busy Street outside the front door,
Pro - Many convenience stores nearby,
Con – It’s in heart of Gosport, which is a nightmare to drive into during peaks times of the day.

Walking past houses takes 30 seconds, so I’m already half way up the street by the time I resurface from this daydream debate. At this point I realise I have done this before, and not just once. I’m like a goldfish, forgetting that I have had this very same argument with myself repeatedly! Of course I laugh it off and promise myself I won’t do it again. A little while later I’m walking back down that street and guess what…


* Ironically as I write this I am listening to music and the Bee Gees “Tragedy” has begun playing…the words “Tragedy” and “You’re going no where” being constantly repeated and seemingly emphasised!

**I’m also an avid Grand Designs viewer, which feeds my hunger for a fantastic house! Kevin McLeod you have a lot to answer for!!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online