Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Tree


I prefer a simple Christmas tree – One that won’t cause fits with its many flashing lights!

The best part about Christmas is not the presents, the cakes and sweets (you don’t feel guilty about eating as you’ve been dieting all year), the mulled wine and other alcoholic beverages, the holiday and not having to go to work for 2 weeks – It’s when you decorate your Christmas tree - If you have a beautiful Christmas tree…Christmas will be especially beautiful…

…Yeah of course I’m bullshitting; Christmas is all about the rum filled cake, boxes of chocolates, presents, holiday and easy flowing alcohol!! It wouldn’t be Christmas otherwise (although apart from the holiday that combination could be mistaken for my birthday?)

I do like a nice tree though and am especially proud of myself for having managed to get the one we have, with decorations for only £30! Decorating was a minor nightmare as the baubles didn’t have strings and I had to tie them all on, while the girls put them on the tree and pestered me to put the strings on faster! While fumbling with cotton and cursing myself for not reading the small print when purchasing them I remembered an email I received from a friend entitled “Extreme Christmas Tree Decorating”

Basically you have one bare Christmas tree and a canon loaded with tinsel, baubles and a star…I think you get the idea from there. (I couldn’t get the link to show on here so you could have a go, so here’s something festive I found some time ago entitled “Slingshot Santa” http://www.fetchfido.co.uk/games/slingshot_santa/slingshot_santa.htm - I’ve had 200m let me know if you do better!)*

There are of course other less destructive tree decorating methods. I personally like this one and will be giving it serious consideration for next year, although may need some help to drink and collect up that many bottles!

*You probably think I do nothing but play games and Rubik’s cubes by now, but I assure you I am still studying and looking after the kids, I just like mindless entertainment to stop my brain from overloading every now and again!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online