Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Spinnaker Tower

A festive Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth December 2007

As you can see I’m not the professional photographer I would like to think I am, but it’s the best I could get with shuddering arms and frost bitten hands!

Spinnaker Tower currently holds top spot on my list of magnificent man made structures, I’ve seen in person. I am not very well travelled, so to some this probably seems quite narrow minded. But hope to travel the world some time soon, although don’t think it will ever drop off my top ten list anyway.

There’s something about this structure that comforts me – I don’t know how to explain it, but whenever I catch a glimpse of her (Of course it has to be a woman – it’s a psychological thing) over the tops of little British brick houses, it fills me with happiness. I’ve even caught myself smiling, after seeing her, when rounding a corner of a building heading to college one day. So here’s to the people behind the design, architecture and construction of a beautiful piece of work…Cheers!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online