Monday, October 15, 2007

Snails still striking!


It would appear the offer of racing stripes and extra slime was not good enough for our striking snails as they are planning another protest for all of this week!

When I heard the news on the radio I went straight out to see if my striking garden pest was following suit. He wasn’t, and a slug was now occupying the space on the leaf. As I walked away almost disappointed that my own personal garden striker was protesting elsewhere it suddenly occurred to me that a snail without a shell is…A SLUG! So he’s obviously seen the stripes and either sent his shell away to be cleaned or has sent it to the snail union who are deliberating how good or bad this looks with Royal Mail? Either way my poor little striker is going to have a few cold nights ahead of him!

I wonder how long this can last for as it’s only going to work out bad for the snails – The longer they are striking the more undelivered mail piles up, so they are going to end up working harder than before catching up on the backlog.

I still think they should call in some reserves – I saw some spiders hanging around doing nothing today except waiting for some flies to join them for tea. And the ants…they would probably work for sugar cubes so pay wouldn’t be an issue? Oh well yet again I am left waiting, although I’m planning on bribing the shell-less snail with a little blanket and hot chocolate tonight to see if he will maybe go and get my mail?

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online