Tuesday, October 09, 2007

It's the music that we choose!


While sitting running through some homework for school tomorrow (LOL Doesn’t that make me sound like a teenager again!) I was listening to the Yahoo Jukebox and a newly discovered “My station” section. Having already picked out my favourites (If you’re interested - Razorlight, Killers, Gorillaz, Supergrass, Radiohead…I think you get the gist?) I thought “My station” would have these lined up and possibly other similar artists?

That however would appear too easy for this jukebox and I’m beginning to wonder if I’m in a virtual pub where some jerk has come in, put £5 in the jukebox and selected every random crap song they can before promptly departing the building and stealing my beer at the same time!!!*

I have now worked out a system where by I play the Gorillaz 19-2000 tune (Hence the title) over the top of the crap songs that come on jukebox. And this seems to work swimmingly…listen to start of song, rate “Never play again” and press play on media player. I wonder though what the real effect of rating the songs “Never play again” has on them. Wouldn’t it be cool if when enough people clicked the “Never play again” button did the cowboys country guitar crumble into dust in his hands before he could squeak out another depressing “lost my cowboy boots under the hay in the horse’s barn” song! (That one may already be out though?)

Maybe Yahoo will work out my jukebox tunes one day, but for now at least I know I have a back-up and don’t have to contaminate my ears further.

* I feel I should confess to being one of these jerks one night in the victory bar when playing the chicken song twice! I can’t stress enough that it was because my finger slipped and I did actually stay and suffer the torture with the others - but it certainly made me drink faster! It may have had something to do with Nyree (chuck), although was such a long time ago and I would have no doubt been drunk so can’t honestly remember the excuse?

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online