Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Am I going mad?

Occasionally I notice myself arguing with…myself, or just generally talking to myself as we right the wrongs we were doing that day. Most of the time we support and encouragement each other, while reassuring ourselves we have made the right choices.

At work today I encountered a fascinating experience when I sent an email to myself at home and received a reply, from none other than myself! She reminded me that I needed to collect the mail and forwarded on another email that was sent in error to me…umm her?

We chatted for some time about various jobs that needed doing around the house, so I am hoping she is putting these words into action. Although something deep inside tells me she won’t and the pile of dishes will still be sitting on the bench when I get home.

They say the first sign of madness is talking to yourself, but I find it useful sometimes and hell! - we have some good conversations with each other, since we completely understand where each other is coming from.

So am I going mad? Or convincing myself that I’m going mad?? Whatever the case I have a feeling after posting this there will be a knock at my door and two friendly men in white coats wanting to take me away to a nice cushioned room. I don’t care if they take me as long as they don’t forget myself too…shit! I’ll need someone to talk to in the asylum the other lot are nuts!








3 Comments:

Bobby D. said...

wow, that explains my weird e mails, from me.

Dan said...

Maybe we all just email ourselves and the telephone companies are making a fortune off us?

Anonymous said...

I know lots of people who send emails to themseleves. Relationships are built that way - they have email sex and then talk about marriage. Oddly though they never meet each other and get married. A word of advice to those who are trying to find a mate this way - its not likely to work out for you! You would be better off going out with a sheep. But it can raise eyebrows when you show the family and the experience can be a bit woolley.

Oz

blogger templates | Make Money Online