Monday, March 19, 2007

999

Today at work I answered a call from the Police Station. They informed me they had just received a 999 call from telephone number 25113, which they say was a payphone registered to the Falkland Islands Development Corp. I thought for a second then replied to the officer “But we don’t have a payphone in the building?”

Following a few minutes of debating about how that number surely couldn’t be listed under FIDC, I eventually resorted to saying I would check the building for anyone in distress and call back.

After determining everyone was ok upstairs and down – I headed back upstairs to my office. As I entered, I was told the Police had called back and found where the phone number was located…the abattoir!

So I am now left with images of a sheep escaping the pen, running for the phone, dialling 999 and screaming, “They’re going to kill us all baa!”


8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

When you think about it we are all sheep. We rarely think for ourselves and just follow others. Good examples are fashion, celebs and so on. So maybe even the police can't differentiate between an office full and a sheep pen. You would think it would be hard to pull the wool over Mr Plods eyes which baaaarly needs saying. But they are just like us really - sheep!

Oz

Anonymous said...

So who called 999?

Time Travelers Wife said...

The sheep - Didn't you read the blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh haha - but who dialed the numbers for the sheep?

Time Travelers Wife said...

The sheep dialed it's own numbers, hence the 999. It could bend it's hoof to dial any other numbers

Anonymous said...

Oh haha - But did anyone get hurt!?

Anonymous said...

What happened I need to know!

Time Travelers Wife said...

ok - I'll tell you.

There was a knife fight, 450 are dead! Even the one that dialled 999.

blogger templates | Make Money Online