Sunday, March 02, 2008

Mothers Day


It’s time to celebrate all the mums of the world and show our appreciation for: bringing us into the world; looking after us and generally being there when we need them, by giving them gifts and pampering them for the day.

Whenever someone mentioned Mothers Day coming up on Sunday and asked what the girls would be doing for me. I joked about how I always had to remind Dan of such events (including birthdays) in order to receive anything. And since he is currently at sea, I can assume it will only be a hug from the girls this year, which is fine too.

On Friday I received early hand made cards from the girls, thanks to the schools being organised. Becky even brought a paper cone with a dozen pieces of fudge in it, which was a pleasant treat. Yesterday our childminder brought a couple of pictures Sarah and Becky had made while in her care. They were a couple of painty handprints with the following poem:-

There used to be so many of my fingerprints to see, on furniture and walls and things from sticky grubby me.

But if you stop and think a while you’ll see I’m growing fast, those little handprints disappear, you can’t bring back what’s past.

So here’s a small reminder to keep, not wipe away, of tiny hands and how they looked, to make you smile someday.


The biggest surprise however was a package delivered to the door today containing: flowers, wine and chocolates from Dan on behalf of the girls. Having now picked myself up from the floor, after fainting in shock, I will apologise to Dan for underestimating him and thank him and the girls for a wonderful surprise.

This has to be the best Mothers day I have had!


And before I forget mum - HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online