Monday, January 28, 2008

Bus Antics

'Clover' the number 5 bus

It’s a normal Wednesday morning, although I’m heading back to college this week and very excited to catch up with class mates to see how their placements went?

I catch the ferry a bit earlier than usual and the number 41 rolls into the station two minutes after stepping into the shelter, so I’m on my way by 8:45, which is a bonus, although I’m wondering why everything is going so smoothly? The bus is surprisingly empty at first and I sit next to the window admiring the scenery and checking I still recognise the buildings, so I will hit the bell before my stop! As we wait at traffic lights I see ahead of us a traffic cone go skimming across the stream of cars. It’s an amusing sight and I can only assume that a car’s wheel has caught the edge of the cone and flicked it in tiddlywinks style across the road, but some little part of me wants to leap out of the bus, run over and grab the cone, lifting it expecting to see ‘Buzz Lightyear’ or some other toy underneath, as this thought occurs the bus begins to move and I consider to myself that maybe I watch too many cartoons?

A little further along our journey we round a corner and I spot an old man, As we get closer I see his grey hair sticking out between the tweed hat and coat, I don’t know why I’m watching him for so long, it must be a dull area of town for buildings and the like, so I stay fixated on him At the very moment we pass, he raises his head and there in full view is a long wet snot hanging from his nose! Hilarious!! Unfortunately while taking in this humorous sight I neglected to stop myself from squeaking aloud a giggle into the very silent bus and it would seem I was the only one that had seen the old man too, as I could suddenly feel the stares boring into the back of my head (since I had thankfully chosen to sit near the front of the bus). I sank into my seat a little, feeling my face turn a nice shade of beetroot and continued looking out the window searching for my exit, which was not for another 10 minutes!

The journey home was not as entertaining so I had to make my own. One was forming shadow puppets - although I had to give that up since the direction of my shadowy dinosaurs were hitting the chests and legs of the passengers opposite, which thankfully they didn’t notice otherwise that could have been an embarrassing situation.!

So I was back to looking out the window for entertainment. Just then we passed a huge sign of a beaver saying “You can’t lick beaver…for the best tool hire” Of course just reading the first part tickled me…hey I was struggling for entertainment remember!?

I ended up sitting idle for the last part of the journey listening to someone’s MP3 player blaring away a few seats behind me wondering what next weeks bus antics will bring.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online