Monday, April 09, 2007

The Earwig Jig

I consider myself musical and enjoy dancing when I get the opportunity, although being fairly shy about my unique style only dance at home in the lounge with the curtains blinded. Don’t get me wrong I have rhythm!* But have a tendency to flap my arms uncontrollably and leap around like a kangaroo on speed…even more so after a few beers! (Don’t believe me? Just go to Deanos (local pub/club) one weekend – I’m already blushing thinking about it, but thank fully too drunk to notice the laughter at the time).

I only refuse to do a line dance or anything with country music. Although there has been the rare occasion where I have been seen to Foxtrot and Quickstep, but I tend to be waltzing out the door by the third country song, since I can’t stand the depressing lyrics and am normally too pissed to stand let alone dance. It’s quite enjoyable making up new titles for country songs though like:

“I lost my cowboy boots on the hokey pokey down town alley round the corner”
“Stop that dixie dog drivin’ a train of daisies round my heart”
“Take my money, my wife and home, but leave my guitar alone!”
The list goes on…**

Just recently I have created a new dance, which I like to call “The Earwig Jig” Basically you feel a tickle (say down you leg, on your arm or across the back of your neck) leap up, hop from foot to foot while turning in circles and slap the invisible beasties frantically. This is enhanced with the lyrics “F***ing horrible little b**tards!” This is quite amusing especially as a spectator…even more so when there are no earwigs in sight and you realize it’s all in their heads.

* I can play most music, I hear (hopeless at reading music though), on a piano and have even accomplished mission impossible – with both hands (Nyree!)
** The saddest part about this being I’m am very close to true country song titles – look it up if you don’t believe me!
And this picture sends a chill down my spine! Will be jigging any minute now!

2 Comments:

David Luis said...

Maria es una gran chica
Saludos David

munst99 said...

oh my god they`re so f***ing ugly, i`ve broken into a sweat, cant cope with these guys at all....my friend found one in her jeans, heading towards her pants!

blogger templates | Make Money Online