Sunday, April 15, 2007

Cat woman

One evening I stayed back late at work to continue the mountain climb I had started previously. It’s now taken 5 days and 27 attempts to even get close to campsite three. Whatever the case I soldier on as I always do…just stubborn I suppose?

Surprisingly I can achieve more work in two hours, after hours, than a normal 7.5 hour day (probably shouldn’t announce that, but unfortunately it’s true) Half way through the evening I am disturbed by a cat fight - I assume they are fighting since that awful mournful meow keeps filling the airwaves.

Eventually having heard enough of this painful noise I get out of my seat and stretch my neck out of the window, but before yelling something unspeakable from a young lady I take notice of the situation - One big black cat has a smaller tabby trapped against a fence with no way of escaping. Outraged by this bullying I think quickly and frantically look around the office for something to throw at him. This took some deliberation since I couldn’t throw anything of value and had to resort to a marker pen. I suppose if I were cat woman I would have leapt from the building landing “cat style” on the ground below, spring across, grab the nuisance by the scruff of his furry neck, and kick his less furry arse!

But this would take too long and my tabby friend was running out of meows, so I took aim and lobbed the marker as hard as I could. This inevitably landed short by two meters, but was close enough to distract the bully. The tabby didn’t need to be told twice and quickly took this opportunity to exit stage right, although not at the speed I am sure it could have achieved. The bully being a bit slow, as most bullies are, didn’t notice this escape until the tabby had managed at least 5 cats lengths head start.
What happened after they disappeared behind the building I don’t know, but I can sit back at my desk with the satisfaction that I have saved someone from an arse kicking tonight.




5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Why was the cats ass less fury? had the other cat been setting fire to it?

Anonymous said...

Why was the cats ass less fury? had the other cat been setting fire to it?

David Luis said...

Lift up your heart
Regards
David

Anonymous said...

And put out that cat!

Anonymous said...

Hey! where are the updates!! and hello from Baku xx

blogger templates | Make Money Online