Saturday, August 26, 2006

OK Computer...

Welcome to my blog and my life! Are you sitting comfortably? Would you like a cup of tea or something stronger??
I have started this blog as I think there is nothing better than getting everything stored in your head out onto to paper...or computer (depending on how you look at it?). It seems to clear your mind for another days information download. My theory is we are like computers you need to de-frag the brain once in a while to keep you running smoothly!
And the comparisons go on...We need to be turned on and handled gently.
You have to push the right buttons to make us do what you want
We freeze when we don't get our own way
We catch viruses
Anyway getting back - Another option would be to go out and get totally hammered aka pissed, drunk, off your face - whatever the term it all leads to the same thing...lots of alcohol, loud music and dancing like an electrocuted spider! But that only lasts a night and the next morning you feel like you have literally been hammered when your brain is throwing itself around in your skull! The worst part is...after all that you recover and find you still have an information overload - It's harsh...I know, but I had to give it a go anyway!
So there's my entrance...and now that you are totally bored and have closed the blog I will continue, for those who are a little more patient, with a little about myself.
I'm the wife of a sailor - hence the time travelers wife! - I know it's not time traveling exactly, but the concept is almost the same...Husband goes to sea...is gone for some time...and then falls back into your life for a short while before disappearing again! It's a viscous circle but a necessity for our marriage and future happiness!
I do believe you can spend too much time with your partner...living in each others pockets is always going to end up with nonsense arguments. And they do say "Absence makes the heart grow fonder!" Even so it's not nice being the one left behind all the time, but hey...I chose to marry a sailor...I have to live with it or let him go...and there's no way I'm taking the second option - He far too unique! - If you want to know what I mean you can check out his blog at http://kiwi-at-sea.blogspot.com/
We have three young children and live on a small group of islands in the South Atlantic. If you want to find it just look at your atlas, find South America, go the the very tip of the south, look a little to the east and...there!...you see a smudge that looks like someone has squashed a fly and not wiped it of the atlas - a little smudge I like to call the Falkland Islands. I have lived on this smudge all my life, but hope to move one day when the time is right.
And that's about it for now...I will let you get back to your day/evening...until next time (you toughies that couldn't be bored easily!...

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog Marie - look forward to any updates - its certainly a long ways from Oz.

Laurie

Dan said...

Come on slow coach - I am on my 3rd posting now!!!

Dan

blogger templates | Make Money Online