Monday, January 15, 2007

The things kids say!

One evening, much like any other I settled the girls into bed, kissed them goodnight and once again asked them to go straight to sleep - Well as you can imagine that was just asking for too much!

I’m sitting at the computer writing a post for the blog when I hear the girls chattering and giggling to each other. I’m not entirely sure what they were talking about but decided by 8:30 they were taking the piss and I needed to go and remind them it was bed time by using my stern mummy’s not happy voice (although I should add this doesn’t always work).

As I head through I hear Becky say quite clearly “Are you my mummy?” I stop in my tracks just outside their door and listen. Katie replies with “No” and giggles. Then Becky continues “Well shut-up then!”

Just then a snigger snorts out of my nose and I hear the girls gasp, damn they heard me! So quickly containing myself I burst into the room and say “Go to sleep!” in the stern voice. All I can see in the dim light are two squeaky, giggly figures diving into their pillows. Once I’m sure they have settled and all is quiet, I back out of the room and move swiftly into mine where I can have a good chuckle to myself.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online