Friday, March 27, 2009

Appointments

Bubble Brain.

I went to college as usual today, fairly nervous since I was under the impression I had a presentation to well...present! I thought maybe I could miss it in the knowledge I had to leave early today for an opticians appointment.

It turns out we didn’t have to actually present the posters, as the class just assessed it themselves and completed a form for the tutor, so after that was done we continued with the lesson. While the tutor rattled on about inheritance I continually watched the clock. Eventually she said we could go for a break, so I took my chance and asked to be excused for the rest of the lesson to attend an appointment. (Of course I didn’t tell her it was an optician’s appointment as that just sounds like a lame excuse to get away from class!).

I merrily drove back to Gosport, parked up in the car park and wandered off down the high street. The time was mid day and my appointment wasn’t until 12:25 so I popped into Costa Coffee for a Caramel Latte and Chocolate Muffin (just to add to the already huge arse!).

Fifteen minutes later I wandered back down the High street and into the opticians. I sat and waited while the man served an older gentleman. I gazed around the room, trying not to listen to the sales man telling the older gentleman that he has big ears but nowhere to hold his glasses...honestly!

To distract me bursting into laughter which would prove I was ear wigging, I decided to pull out my appointment card and look over it. As I opened the little blue booklet I read down the information which read Mrs Loveridge, 12:25 on 3rd April 2009.

I placed the card back in my bag, got up, walked out and back down the high street to the car.
My appointment wasn’t until next week!!!!

Another similar incident occurred on Tuesday when I went to attend a parents’ evening at Katie’s school only to be told it wasn’t this Tuesday it is next Tuesday...Twice in one week is not a good sign!!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I have done that - you are not alone!

blogger templates | Make Money Online